Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Too Close to Home

I've heard that saying many times in my life but it never held as true as it did this weekend. Our neighbors experienced a tragic house fire this past Saturday morning. My husband has a post on his blog as well.

It has been a very traumatic time for all who witnessed and experienced it. Honestly, I haven't been able to blog since it happened, it's been too hard. I haven't been able to sleep very well either. I keep waking up with our friends on my mind and trying to think of ways that I can help them or thinking about what they are feeling and experiencing. I just can't imagine. Just standing there and watching that violent fire devour all that they worked so hard for. Their dreams, their memories, their hard work. Now, I know that it is a house and I thank God continually that the entire family was able to escape it. But, the reality is that there was a loss. I know that God can take any situation and bless it for His glory and I know He will do so here as well, it will also take some healing.

I'm rambling and I'm very random...sorry.

I guess the point of this post is to solicit prayer. Please pray for our friends. That God will supply their every need and that my family can be a blessing to them.

I am thankful for my church. They are putting together a care basket and I know if there is any need that I can call on them for help. Thanks Gracers, you're the best!

Name: Rebekah
Home: Kansas, United States
See my complete profile





Powered by Blogger