Thursday, December 06, 2007

¡Que cólera!

I know that if I sent you here that most of you wouldn't have a clue what it is about.

I'll help you out - it is about Pupusas. Wikipedia describes them best: El Salvador's most notable dish is the pupusa. Pupusas are a thick hand-made corn tortilla (made using masa de maíz or masa de arroz, a maize or rice flour dough used in Latin American cuisine) stuffed with one or more of the following: cheese (usually a soft Salvadoran cheese called Quesillo con loroco), fried pork rind (chicharrón), chicken, refried beans, and cheese with loroco. Loroco is a vine flower bud native to Central America.

I grew up in El Salvador.

Let me 'splain sompin' to ya.

Tacos are to Mexico what pupusas are to El Salvador. The difference it that there isn't a Salvadoran restaurant on every corner here like there is Mexican. A sad shame really.

Okay, for you immature few who are still giggling at the name of said delicacy, STOP - its old already.

So the post I sent you to was one my father wrote to BRAG about a new Salvadoran restaurant he visited recently. He took my mom and my sister. NOT ME!!!! The nerve!

I-tell-you-if-i-could've-shot-my-hands-through-the-screen-to-strangle-the-man-he-so-would-be-dead-now.DEAD-NOW!!!!

Dad - you are dead to me! That is unless you schedule VERY QUICKLY a time to take me there and buy me lunch. You are so in trouble!

Name: Rebekah
Home: Kansas, United States
See my complete profile





Powered by Blogger