Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Good-bye Summer, Hello First Day of School!

Don't get me wrong....I LOVE my children. But I also love my sanity. I'm woman enough to admit that even I need a break sometimes. And what better way to get a break than by sending your child off to get an education?

I admit I was looking forward to school starting...maybe a bit too much. My friend said she was a bit melancholy about her daughter heading back to school. It made me pause for a minute and ponder if I really was ready. I AM. But then I remembered my DRS and wondered what the first day of school would really be like. Would I suddenly be swept with emotions as I took the ceremonial "first day of school" picture? Would I fall to my knees sobbing in the living room at the quiet peace a single child in the house brings?

Nope!

No tears. Just a peaceful smile.

Name: Rebekah
Home: Kansas, United States
See my complete profile





Powered by Blogger