Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Out with the old, in with the new!

One thing I failed to mention in my previous post regarding my never ending week: my coffee maker bit the dust a few days prior. My kids were a little frightened the day it happened to see mom stroking the exhausted coffee maker, hugging it and kissing it in hopes to resuscitate it. No amount of TLC, CPR, or SOSing was bringing that little ray of sunshine back.

While I was lamenting the loss to my best friend she reminded me of a two-cup coffee maker I had let her borrow when her coffee maker died. So, she gave it back and from this day forward it will hence be named: The Understudy. The Understudy stepped in beautifully and did a marvelous job of filling in until a replacement was found.

While my sweet mom visited with us (AKA came to help nurse my dying puppy) we new a little 2-cupper wasn't going to cut it for us with the late nights that were occurring. So, she offered to go splits with me on a new coffee maker. Isn't she great!

When we got to Wal-Mart and spotted this little beauty (which a good friend of mine happens to own and love) and I new it was love at first sight!


Here is my newest addition to my kitchen: Hamilton Beach BrewStation Coffeemaker

Now, mine doesn't have the clock or fancy timer...but that it okay, I don't like those anyway and never use them.

When we got to the check out my mom took it and bought it for me...no splitting! She's great, I'm telling ya! (But more on that later...)

So, how do I like it? I LOVE it! I'm a sipper and while I like a couple of cups of coffee in the morning it can take a while to sip through them. This little coffee maker is perfect. It keeps the coffee HOT and doesn't scorch it. It is great!

Name: Rebekah
Home: Kansas, United States
See my complete profile





Powered by Blogger