Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Poor Pup

Well, it seems that we got a sick puppy. He hasn't eaten anything since we got him on Friday and he is sleeping all of the time and doesn't have the usually puppy energy. I took it to the vet today and the prognosis seemed pretty grim. We think Ollie has parvo which is a pretty agressive dog virus. We're trying really hard to nurse this puppy back to good health. We're giving it a treatment that requires the pup to get meds once an hour for a 36 hour period. Notice it is after 4 a.m. in the morning - I obviously have the mid-night shift. Hubby stayed up until 1 a.m., I'll go until 5 a.m. and then rest for a couple of hours while Hubby takes over again.

We've told the kiddos that the puppy is really sick and we're trying to help it get better. My daughter is old enough to understand but my son doesn't totally get it. Pray for this poor puppy as we try and help him get better.

Name: Rebekah
Home: Kansas, United States
See my complete profile





Powered by Blogger