Sunday, February 10, 2008

Confessions from the Tooth Fairy.

Today my daughter lost another tooth. I use the word "lost" loosely (no pun) because really she wriggled and yanked at that tooth until it gave in and it was a bloody mess. I guess she has learned the value of a tooth.

Have I ever mentioned loose teeth make me queasy?

So, this evening before bed Happy Girl (8) asked me if the Tooth Fairy is real. She’s at that age…we haven’t had the Santa talk but in my heart I have had the feeling that this will be the year. So – I guessed the Tooth Fairy would be a good way to get her thinking.

Happy Mom: What do you think? Do you think she’s real?

Happy Girl: Well, I’m asking you. Is she real?

HM: What do you think?

HG: Well, how does the pixie dust get in there?

(When the Tooth Fairy visits our house there is always a trail of glitter pixy dust from the window to the tooth pillow.)

HM: Magic. *wink*

HG: So, is she real?

I bent over and whispered in her ear, “I’m the Tooth Fairy! Shhh.”

Her eyes lit up! Which, honestly, I wasn’t sure what to expect.

She said, “Wow! So moms and dads are the Tooth Fairy! That is so cool. Some day when I’m the mom I’ll be able to be the Tooth Fairy too!!!”

She’s so cute. Then she added, “Can you give me $12 tonight?!”

Sweet mercy!

Name: Rebekah
Home: Kansas, United States
See my complete profile





Powered by Blogger