Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Transparent

This weekend I had a huge "Aha" moment. Also known as the light bulb moment.



I've been complaining and yelling to God these past couple of weeks about some issues my family is facing. I've been telling him what I want, what I think I need, what I think my family needs, I, I, I.



Deep in my heart I know God has us where we are for a reason, but the grass just looks greener on the other side.



Last week I think God got tired of my complaining and said, "There. Take it." and gave us an opportunity to address our issues the way I wanted them to be taken care of. And you know what? We didn't take it. We knew it wasn't the right thing to do. And it hurt.



Sunday night as my wonderful husband and I were discussing our situation he said something that finally caught my mind and heart. He said, "Bek, we've got to enjoy where we are now."




Hmmm? That sounds so familiar (sarcasm intended). I posted previously on enjoying my children's various stages in life but I just hadn't applied it to the stages of life that God places me in. So, while I don't like this situation we're in I can choose to look at the blessings that are in our life right now. Because before long I'm going to be in a new phase of life looking back on today and I want to remember the blessings not the pain.

Labels: ,


Name: Rebekah
Home: Kansas, United States
See my complete profile





Powered by Blogger