Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Ah, to be young

Do you have kids? I do. I have two, a 5-year-old daughter and 2-year-old son. My daughter loves to talk, in fact, she rarely stops. She'll go on and on and on about nothing! Usually I'm trying to rush her through the stories that have at least 3-4 phrases that are repeated in various ways. However, the other day I stopped myself. I sat and I really tried to listen to every detail - even though it was repeated several times. You know, I got to thinking about her life and how this story really wasn't about nothing. In her young life, so innocent, so simple, so uncomplicated this was a HUGE story. Then I thought, "Thank you, God. Thank you, God, for allowing her to have such a simple happy life." So many times in my adult world I listen to those stories and just blow them off because I just want to get back to "important" stuff. I've decided I need to really listen more often. One, because it is a great connect for my daughter and me. Two, because there is no better way to escape the adult life of craziness, worries, and complications.

Name: Rebekah
Home: Kansas, United States
See my complete profile





Powered by Blogger