Tuesday, April 17, 2007

God Spoils My Kids

I always enjoy seeing God make his presence known in my children's lives, usually it is in ways that most would deem "small". However, to them it is huge.

Today was the latest pleasure. My son and I were at a friends home when we heard the ice cream truck nearing. We tried so hard to run out the door to catch it only to see it rounding the corner and driving off. My son was heartbroken. When we left we had about 15 minutes to kill before my daughter's school dismissed so we decided to drive around the neighborhood to find the truck. No luck. We drove all around the school and my home's neighborhood and just couldn't find it.

We picked my daughter up and headed home. We had about 15 minutes to pack a dinner before we had to head out for the evening's activities. As we headed out the front door, you know what we saw?

The ice cream truck was parked right in front of our house!

My kids flipped they were so excited. Ice cream in hand we buckled into our seats in the car and gave God an awesome prayer of thanks.

Now, you may think I'm crazy for thanking God for ice cream. But I want to teach my kids to see God in everything. Ice cream may not be a very important thing to an adult, but to a child it means the world. And there is nothing sweeter than seeing my kid feel loved by God.

Labels: ,


Name: Rebekah
Home: Kansas, United States
See my complete profile





Powered by Blogger