Friday, June 17, 2005

Healthy Eating

Okay, so I've been trying to "adopt a healthier eating lifestyle", that's the new term for diet. I have never been a big dieter so the healthier lifestyle really is the direction I'd prefer to go in anyway. The problem...I've discovered I'm not as educated as I think.

My husband was a high school athlete and has learned a lot about the human body and how it functions. He's been trying for several years to help me "get it" but I guess I'm a thick head. Finally, he said, "It's simple, you can't gain weight if you burn more calories than you take in." He's right that is simple. Again, the problem...do I really know what I'm consuming?

I've been tracking all my calories and such for meals at home and have been doing great. I haven't been tracking meals at restaurants. So I decided to find out what the calorie count is for some of our common meals out. YIKES! Not a good idea. Well, actually, it was a good idea just very sobering.

So, here are a couple of reads for better fast food choices:

  • Healthy Fast Food For Kids


  • Fast Food Best Choices

  • Name: Rebekah
    Home: Kansas, United States
    See my complete profile





    Powered by Blogger