Saturday, August 27, 2005

Grouchy Garbage

Tonight we went to the candy store and told our kids they could each pick one candy. It didn't take long before my son spotted exactly what he wanted. The Grouchy Garbage. He held on to that little garbage can and knew without a doubt that it was what he wanted. My daughter knew exactly what she wanted as well, it was one of the first items she spotted, the Baby Bottle Pop. However, in typical female style, she placed it back on the shelf and continued to browse the entire store to make sure there wasn't any other item that might cause her to change her mind.

I guess what amazed me most was that my son, as he held tightly to his desired item, followed along looking around but with no intention of changing his mind. He'd never tried this candy before - so how was he so sure that it was what he wanted? It baffled me. I tried to point out other options - things that he had tried before that wouldn't cause any disappointment or surprise. But he stood firm in his decision, almost irritated that I would try to sway him from his decision. He didn't have a clue what was in there, all he knew was that it was candy. I wondered, "Is it sweet? Is it sour? Is it chewy?" He didn't care.

So, why do I share this story? I don't know. It just intrigued me. However, if you can find some kind of lesson learned or biblical application from it I'd love to hear it.

BTW - my daughter (after 10 minutes of browsing) ended up with the Baby Bottle Pop. Isn't that just like a girl!?!

Name: Rebekah
Home: Kansas, United States
See my complete profile





Powered by Blogger