Monday, June 12, 2006

Extra, Extra...Free Spirit Thrives on a Schedule!

Yes, I am one of those annoying people who can fly half-way around the world and never peak at a Fodor's, not schedule a hotel room to stay in, or have any semblance of an agenda to follow - and I'll love every minute of my intense adventure! The thrill of the unknown is unbelievably exhilarating!!! (Someday I should post on my trip to London and Ireland...insane!)

Back to reality...

This type of living is not for everyone. And quite frankly, what I've learned is that it is not ideal for me either - not as a stay-at-home-mom. Nope. I'll need to save that free spirit for more appropriate times. (I'm sure there's a post coming on that in the near future.) I've learned that while I get bored on the same schedule everyday I can thrive on a daily schedule that allows for "mixing things up".

I have always struggled with being a "house-wife", but I do LOVE being a stay-at-home-mom. That being said you can see what areas I am always challenged by: laundry, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, need I go on? Those areas are especially challenging when I fell like they are the ONLY things I'm focusing on as a human. Hence, enters in the weekly schedule.

I've come to realize that even though I am a free spirit and consistency in a schedule is an absolute bore - I do thrive on a schedule. So, I've created a schedule that keeps me focused on the not-so-interesting-things-to-me while also scheduling fun. I schedule play time with the kids, cleaning time, me time, and out-and-about time too. And it has worked well for me, very well I might add.

How about you? Do you love keeping house? Do you struggle with keeping house? How do you work around your challenge areas?

Name: Rebekah
Home: Kansas, United States
See my complete profile





Powered by Blogger